Friday, January 21, 2011

THE CITY




The city.....it shapes me...breaks me ...every morning I wake up to it...lying in my bed...like a reluctant lover....who has given me a glimpse of her mysterious beauty...a window to the many enigmas contained in her, then abruptly shut me off at the last moment...Sometimes, a seductress alluring the youthfulness in me with a whiff of her perfume....Sometimes, a masseur to my troubled mind....I revel in the coy joy of having lived inside her all these years...the familiarity with her anatomy lulls me into sweet sleep...Suddenly I wake up to a part of her I never knew existed...brutal, violent...yet being pumped by the same heart that so lovingly cradles my childlike existence....my city...”my muse, my whore, my beloved”....I won’t be the same man in another city....my city would be the same without me...I am just one of the many offshoots of her humungous body...my ephemeral being can’t stand up to her permanence....but it can learn from it...learn to live...live with multiple meanings inside it...carry a bouquet of multi-coloured flowers in her lap...love all conflicting, fighting parts of me as much as the whole of me...and be in complete harmony with my many restless inhabitants.

1 comment:

  1. ur city is beautiful.... deserves all this passion.. :)the vagueness is amazing in u.. :)

    ReplyDelete